Friday, October 29, 2010

hitch 'em up.

i'm taking adam out for his birthday tonight and we're going to Daniel. jackets are required. now, i have no shortage of jackets but you know i relish in the opportunity to wear a full suit.

i thought i had a problem with this jil sander suit because the pants hit me at a funny spot. funny for me, at least, because i generally wear my pants pretty low (it's the "left eye" lopez in me). but rather than pulling up the pants and hiding the waist with my sweater, i thought i'd just put it all out there by tucking my shirt and sweater in and slapping a faggy belt on it.
fulllength
Suit1
jil sander suit + sweater / +J uniqlo shirt / apc belt / dries van noten shoes / vintage helmut lang briefcase

the belt is a new purchase (pre-my shopping moratorium. did i tell you guys i actually gave myself a clothing budget this year? I'LL BE A RECESSIONISTA, YET!!!!!!!!!) from APC. i haven't really liked anything from APC in a while, but this double layer fat/skinny belt is on-point.
IMG_0952

the half-navy, half-gray sweater i got from the last jil sander sample sale, and i finally didn't eat a big enough dinner last night to wear it out of the house.
Sweater

i think i'm pretty into it. it would also go well with any potential in-betweener costume.

also, a head's up: today is the last day of the jil sander sample sale. everything was 90-95% off but dude selection was pretty slim. i'm assuming by now, most stuff is picked over but head over cuz shit was CHEAPPPPPPPPP. i only grabbed a couple ties and a t-shirt and some presents for my sisters this time around. crosby and howard sts. GOOOOOOOO.

6 comments:

Westopher said...

That sweater is balls. Skipping a meal or two is totally worth the fit

jae said...

oh you fancy

http://nymag.com/daily/intel/2010/10/here_is_an_image.html

Hapsical said...

this is so fucking good

BJCG said...

The sweater and belt are so up my alley that they would be offended if I told them not to shoot their wad in there.

Chip said...

omg look at this GQ mother fucker

I love the collection that sweater is from SFM
you look great
bye

May Kasahara said...

oooOOOOOOOOooooooo >>> that belt. YES.