Monday, November 23, 2009

inconvenient warmth

now don't get me wrong. i'm pretty into this unseasonably warm winter we're having, as it's allowed me to wear my slutty acne shorts a season early (i've taken to wearing plain white briefs underneath them. so vulgar!).

HOWEVER, two things that are irking me about it: (1) it's made me feel guilty for not leaving my house at all yesterday and watching priscilla queen of the desert b/c i was thinking, "i should really go on a run. when else is it going to be 55 degrees in late november?" and (2) it is preventing me from breaking out my new/old winter coat that i just had tailored and you know i'm a slut for winter.

THIS IS SERIOUSLY GIVING ME FASHION BLUE-BALLS UP IN THIS JOINT! i got the coat at the thrift store a couple years ago (word to the pack-rat wise: NEVER THROW OUT ANYTHING. YOU'LL ALWAYS WANT IT AGAIN AT SOME POINT) but it was a little too a-line, russian soldier coat. also, i was really into tiny short jackets for a long time and this one is by far the longest coat i own. however, i trimmed up the a-line and took in the sleeves and now i think it looks really sharp and nice! AND I WANT TO WEAR IT NOW!! ugh, i should just change the name of this blog to 1-800-boo-hooo, extension waah-waah.blogspot.com.

6 comments:

confessions of a marc addict. said...

i love that coat! you could definitely be wearing it right now where i live.

CRHEE said...

It's soooo good. You really do have the best clothes. I wish we were the same size.

jen tam forever said...

oh my god your blog is hilarious. and to think, i found it by typing in some jawbreaker lyrics. keep up the mc hammer pleated khakis. they are riddick/awesome.

Mens casual jackets said...

That coat is amazing! Just what i'm looking for right now. It looks awesome

TheShoeGirl said...

LOL <3

Giancinephile said...

Darn! That slut for winter is pure genius! I love your humour! haha

It would be nice to hear about that slut for winter thing in the coming posts! HAHA